A recent tweet to the @Norfolkinww1 account alerted us to some interesting, and free, studying opportunities for 2015 thanks to the MOOC system of learning.
A MOOC is an online course that as many people, anywhere in the world, can follow in their own time and all resources for the basic amount of study are provided.
The WW1 themed courses have all been created by world-renowned universities and cover many areas of the war:
- World War One: Aviation come of age from the Univeristy of Birmingham.
- World War One: Changing faces of heroism from the University of Leeds
- World War One: A history in 100 stories from Monash University
- World War One: Trauma and memory from the Open University
- World War One: Paris 1919 from the University of Glasgow
I can’t personally vouch for the content of the courses but they are all between 3 and 5 weeks long and other MOOCs that I’ve followed have been excellent, you can get as involved as you like and as they are free why not give it a try?